1.8
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

I check my e-mail every day for job offers and bank alerts whenever my account is going to be overdrawn. For about a month or two, I had received an e-mail from PNC for every day my balance was under $100.00.

I usually keep the bank account under the threshold so I can get daily alerts on my balance. PNC didn't like that I suppose. On December 15th, 2017, a bill was charged and put me at something like -$55.00, but I didn't receive the e-mail for that day. I never even received an alert for the overdrawn account until the day after (which was sent to my spam folder) by which time the overdraft fee was already applied.

I called PNC but, since I had already gotten two previous overdraft fees refunded in the month of October (due to another incident regarding the unreliability of their e-mail system), they suggested I keep a ledger and offered to mail me a free ledger instead. Every day since the 15th of December, I have continued to receive regular e-mails correctly stating my current balance on the account. When I called, they never mentioned that the e-mail was missing, or that it was sent and I just never got it. I honestly think that they didn't send the alert on purpose.

I've fallen on rough times financially, and can't afford to be constantly paying overdraft charges just to line their pockets. I will be closing this account as soon as possible and migrating my auto-pay accounts to my secondary bank account.

Product or Service Mentioned: Pnc Bank Checking Account.

I liked: Branch employees are friendly, Some of the call center staff seemed genuinely empathetic.

I didn't like: Unfair fee s.

• Missing Alerts
  • Unfair Overdraft Feees
  • No Refund For Overdraft Fee

Comments

#1462099

PNC customers should know that the law firm of Migliaccio & Rathod currently has an open investigation into excessive overdraft fees charged by banks, PNC included. If you type "Migliaccio and Rathod overdraft" into Google, you should find their website as one of the first links.