Opened personal and business account in 2011 which had 3 segments they call wallets in each account.

In 2014 they changed their terms to charge $15 a month if the balance fell below $2000 in the spend and virtual wallets, even if you had over $2,000 in the 3 total accounts. I had well over $2000 in the total account but as I was not aware of the change funds were in the "wrong" wallet which caused me to be charged $15 a month for 25 months. I do not log in and monitor my account frequently as I opened the account with adequate funds to ensure no fees were charged as agreed, I didn't even think to check.

How does a bank change terms without signed agreement in place by the account holder?? When I contacted the bank they said there is nothing they can do as I only had 60 days to make a change. After several calls to their escalation dept they finally offered back $195 of the almost $400 they basically stole from my account.

I will be lodging a complaint with the BBB and FDIC but cannot imagine I am the only one this is happening to.

I recommend everyone with this bank check your statements monthly to ensure this is not happening to you. I think there may be a class action law suit here if any attorney was interested. Perhaps the bank is in trouble and they are looking for ways to dig out. Either way I am closing my business and personal accounts at PNC.

This person wrote the review because of bad quality of pnc bank checking account from Pnc Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $175 and wants Pnc Bank to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was difficult to work with, problems with activation and underhanded fee change. Author liked the most patrick. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Pnc Bank for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Pnc Bank?

Comments